Saturday, February 28, 2004

Am totally loving Britney's Toxic. Firstly because I like the song [a first for me and Britney] and secondly because at the beginning of the clip, she picks up a phone and holds it to her ear and then turns to face the camera and direct the saucy question, "Baby can't you see - I'm callin?", at us. And I'm like, "well yeah, Britney, I can see that. You're standing right there... holding a phone". I just loved how literally they matched up lyric and image. Inspired. I also like the clip because it features Martin Henderson being pushed around raunchily by Britney. I repeat, that's Martin Henderson, from Echo Point and Sweat [of which Heath Ledger is also an alum. Hmmm, am I using the word "alum" correctly?]. I mean, Echo Point and Sweat!!! And he's in a frickin Britney clip! I just think that it must be a great world if a guy can go from laughably memorable Aussie soap to Britney. It makes me happy. Maybe it says more about me, but I really think that this means he's arrived. Big time.