Thursday, July 29, 2004

Doing my usual street press reading at my 3CR shift today, and hell no but The Darkness have cancelled a tour which was going to bring them here around October. Noooooooo! Now we have to wait at least a few more months to see them again in the summer. Oh, Justin, you toy with me. But I love you. Also announced was the news that the producer of their next album will be Roy Thomas Baker. That name means nothing to me, but considering he's also produced albums for Queen, The Cars and Cheap Trick, I say it bodes incredibly well. Hee hee! Excitement building. Anyway, in other bad street press news, the Livid festival has been called off for this year too, which means, sob, no Livid side-shows! Oh my, but October is looking bleak. In better news, heaps heaps better in fact, The Libertines will be here very shortly. August 9th to be exact. No Pete in tow, but still, yay! Happy happy me!... Or so I thought, until I just went and tried to buy tickets from the Corner Hotel website and couldn't as there were no Libertines tickets for sale there. Oh no no no no no, I fear they have already sold out. Damnation!

No comments: