Monday, March 31, 2003

Hi. My name's Guy, and I'm the reason this site is plural. Elanor and I figured that we could harness the ideas and opinions that we threw around in conversation, and assemble them into something slightly more solid. That's why this blog exists: to solidify our thought processes. It's an entirely selfish aim, but some like-minded people may someday get off on it. I should introduce myself more formally, but I'm toying with the idea of writing a bio (to give myself more gravitas). Whether that happens depends on whether I can find a tone I feel comfortable with (what ammount of self-deprecation can prove you're not arrogant without making you seem neurotic?). So, yeah, Elanor's said it all in her introduction/manifesto, but I just wanted to assert my independent identity at this early stage. I'll be writing about the stuff that is on my mind; stuff that is probably less varied than I imagine, but stuff that's important or amusing to me nonetheless. It's a slow process building a blog, and like most things in life, you never know how it's gonna turn out. So, as we launch this blog into the world, (my) ceremony would dictate that we smash a nice bottle of bubbly over its bow, and wish it good luck, a long life and smooth sailing.

No comments: