Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Yesterday afternoon I was watching Entertainment Tonight and I was shown something that made me giddy with joy. I whooped. The world is a marvellous place. You see, Paris and Nicky Hilton are going to be on Oprah. Whoopee! Don't ask me why they are going to be on Oprah, because it doesn't matter. I am happy and I don't need to search for the reason behind my happiness. Only a few snippets of the episode were previewed on ET, but in typical Hilton fashion, they were pure gold. For some reason, Paris had done a shift at McDonalds, and she was telling Oprah that in an eight hour shift you only make $40, which, like, will only get you an entree meal at The Ivy restaurant in Los Angeles. And Oprah was like, that's so true. You'll only get a crabcake or something. Isn't that amazing? Wow, how the other half lives, eh? Eight whole hours of work, for one delicious crabcake. Crazy. Can I just say how much I love the Hilton sisters? I think that they are teriffic. And I now have only to survive until that episode of Oprah airs on my TV for me to have lived a happy and fully contented life. I could then die knowing that I had witnessed unparalelled magnificence. Knock on wood. Oh, and I am not being sarcastic. I am a born again Parisien. In my other life I mocked her, but she is glorious and beyond reproach. I am not kidding. I mean, you have to be pretty brilliant to say the things that she has. Or maybe bonkers. But the joy is real, whatever the case. Bring it on.

No comments: