Friday, November 28, 2003

I have a serious fucking dilemma people. A painful choice lies before me. I must decide which gig to attend on Tuesday 27 January, and to make this decision I need to forego the glorious pleasure of either The Dandy Warhols or The Darkness. This is a total frickin bitch, and I need to resolve it before 9am on Monday. Shit. Shit. Shit. The Dandys are established darlings of mine, and The Darkness are in the process of achieving darlinghood. But I have never seen either of them live. I've managed to miss the Dandys three times already, and to miss them a fourth time just seems ridiculous. Especially since I love them. It just doesn't seem right. However, I think that The Darkness show will blow my mind and turn me into a gibbering freak of a fan, which is a hobby I enjoy cultivating. What am I to do? Go see a band that I love already, or go see a band that I will love irrevocably once I have seen them? The world is a cruel and heartless place. Stupid vexing love.

I watched the MTV Europe Music Awards tonight and I thought it was seriously great. Christina was great, Beyonce was superb, White Stripes were great, Edinburgh was great, pretty much everything about it was great, even Travis [who knew?] but that was probably because they sounded like The Coral. Which is a good thing. Despite the Vin Diesel infringement ["This show is all about the people. And that's you". He's got the wisdom, that guy] and the very disappointing moment when Kelly Osbourne failed to get the joke [what happened? Please don't let her be losing it!] the staging and stuff was quite superior to that of the show's American cousin. And the taste was better. Linkin Park and Evanescence got nothing and didn't perform either. Score! So life is good, right? Wrong! Boing! Wha-whaaa? We got screwed by Channel 10, yo. And I mean seriously screwed. They made cuts, people, and for no good reason [clenching]. Just breathe, Elanor. It's okay [garbled screeching]. Oh... It is on now, assholes. Where the fuck were The Darkness, huh? They would have gone beautifully enormously nuts. What the fuck? And where was Missy? This is manifestly inadequate. Are you people insane? [mouth frothing and foaming. Which is ironic, no?]

P.S. Can confirm stirrup pants. Stirrup pants confirmed.

No comments: