Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Hey, does anybody know why Michael Jackson's Nation of Islam bodyguards were all carrying stacks of newspapers while deploying themselves outside the Santa Maria courthouse the other day? It was a curious image that featured in all the arraignment stories I saw [which pretty much means ET]. My mum and I were watching ET and they would play the footage repeatedly and we kept asking "Why are they carrying stacks of newspapers?" but the only 'exclusive' ET was offering was an exchange between Jann Carl and Michael which consisted of [press jostling, Jann on tip-toe trying to stay above the pack as MJ passes, and calling out] "Michael, are you worried about losing your children?" to which MJ replied "Nah". Very interesting, no? But, I'm telling ya, all anybody watching actually wanted to know about was the reason behind the newspaper thing. And nobody was dishing it. The visual was there [of lines of bodyguards marching around carrying stacks of newspapers] taunting everybody for an explanantion, and yet, nothin. I wanna know about the newspapers! You see how I have an eye for a story?

In other news, it looks like John Kerry is gonna get first place in the Iowa caucuses, which is nice. But anybody coming first would be nice. I just have a soft spot for this guy because I decided last year that he was my guy, and then he disappeared. But I still hope it continues to be a wide open race as they move on to New Hampshire because that means more debate and more instances of candidates matching one another, as with Howard Dean's anti-war stance making Bush's war quite a topic of discussion for all the other candidates, etc. I feel sorry for Dick Gephardt, though. I like him. He's a big union supporter and has been a leader in Congress for 25 years and stuff, and he seems real decent. But he's coming fourth in Iowa and people were saying a bad showing there would do him in. Hope that's not the case. He did a good appearance on Meet the Press on Sunday. Yeah, he's good. I find it hard to have a favourite now, because as soon as I hear one of them talk [except for Lieberman of course, but he's not contesting Iowa anyway], I'm immediately impressed. They had Gephardt, Edwards, Kerry and Dean being interviewed one after the other on NBC Today on Monday, and they all did real good. Kerry's still a good thing, though.
.
Gotta go. My brother just told me that he has hired out Pumping Iron, that 70s body-building documentary in which Arnie makes a fool of himself. Awesome! I'm sure details will follow. Bye.

No comments: