Friday, January 02, 2004

Last night, I was trying to think of what the word of 2003 was, but I didn't hit upon it until this afternoon, so I suppose it can't count as part of my end-of-year round-up [which, as you know, was completed on December 31st, 2003]. Anyway, you wanna hear it? Okay. I decided that this one was the winner because it originated as a reality TV term but has somehow become acceptable in general conversation without raising many eyebrows. I also say that whole "without raising many eyebrows" thing because you may wish to dispute my choice on the basis of "never heard of it", but before you do, I say "hark", dear fellows. You just haven't been paying attention. Anyway, the word is "reveal". Okay, maybe it's actually "the reveal", which might more accuarately make it a term. It also often gets embellished as "the big reveal". You know, people say stuff like, "But I guess we'll find that out in the big reveal". You get me? Anyway, I'm solid on this one. I consider 2003 to be the year of "the reveal".

No comments: