Sunday, February 08, 2004

Have just got home from work to find The Darkness doing an utterly gold job of guest-programming Rage [which, for those unfamiliar, is a music video program in Australia. Oooh, look at me. One piece of Spanish praise and I make the paradigm shift to global. Tickets much?]. The boys were seriously picking some of my Rage back-catalogue faves. I mean, check this out:
Boney M's Rasputin [you know, "Ra-ra Rasputin"]
The Carpenters' Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft [a GREAT song, and totally strange coming from Karen and bro]
Van Halen's Panama [hellooo! It features onstage use of a HAIR-DRIER!]
Kate Bush's Babooshka [an avowedly new addition to my list of back-catalogue faves. Leah, you were so right about how awesome this clip is. I particularly like her outfit during the chorus, when she's got the gold head-dress on and the gold striped high-cut bikini and the dagger strapped to her thigh, so she looks like a glam go-go pirate. Amazing!]

All that was needed to make it a perfect Rage evening was if they had played that Cameo song that I love [but whose title I can't remember], and also Rod Stewart's Hot Legs. Yeah! That would have been sweeeeet. Warrant's Cherry Pie was also a notable omission, which, however, was thankfully rectified later by the people who programmed the rest of Rage to match the theme set by the Darkness [leading to helpings of Poison, more Van Halen, Spinal Tap, etc]. Man, these things make me so damn happy. I love those Darkness boys even more now. To top off the night, they actually chose and introduced one of their own clips. Love them! The clip was Growing on Me which is a worthy peer to all the excellence that preceded it, although it's tough to decide whether it, or I Believe in a Thing Called Love, is their best clip. Hmmmm. Tough, very tough. Anyway, those boys rule.
Give me a D! Give me an ARKNESS!
Damn straight.

No comments: