Thursday, March 11, 2004

Hmmm. From where is ET pulling all this 'never-before-seen' and 'long-lost' Martha footage, unprofessional outtakes, etc? Why wasn't this stuff ever screened before? But how good are they, that they managed to find it all in time to put to air the first opportunity they got after Martha's Friday conviction, when it would have greatest currency? Phew, those ET folks are pretty lucky... Wait. I'm getting suspicious. What if they didn't 'find' this stuff at all? What if they had it all along, and just decided not to screen it? I'm getting chills. Why would they do that? What would be behind such a decision? And what would be behind its reversal? Oh man! It just seems like they do whatever they can get away with, which is like, a kinda inexact way to run the 'most watched entertainment news program in the world'. And shitty. Like, maybe ET has been less than frank with me over the years? Giving me false impressions and stuff. Bastards. I'm rethinking our whole relationship as we speak. I mean, I put up with a lot of crap to be with you, ET. Mary Hart, for example. What's up with that? You owe me big time. So, baby, this crap don't fly, okay? It reveals way too much about you, and really I don't want to be faced with that, ever. Cool it.

Oh, and note to celebrities; THERE IS A VAULT. They collect everything. They'll protect you if they feel they have to, but, once you're convicted or out of favour, the vault is unlocked. As many awkward pauses and short angry snips as you ever mustered, they'll show. And then they'll do a feature on "Paris Hilton's mom; could she be the next Martha?" See, she's a contender for the position cos she's been like, and I quote, "throwing parties for friends for years". Way harsh, dudes. It's like you're saying everyone is replaceable, or something, when the body's barely cold.... But, why not? Could be a good idea actually....

Er, anyway, what I was trying to express today was my dissatisfaction about everything in this cycle being excessive. The fawning, the damning. Ergh. I mean, they don't push people at all, until they find they can push them face down in the mud. It's kinda extreme.

No comments: