Saturday, March 27, 2004

It tried DIY Viva/Boost Juice this morning, with mixed results. First of all, and most importantly, I put on some fresh music, then tried to perk myself up to it. With that sorted, I got down to the details. Now last night while mildly tipsy, I had concocted this scheme, in one of those moments of drunken ambition, and I'd thrown a few bananas in the freezer so I could get an icy-delicious smoothie in the morning. Right. So this morning, I open up the fridge and find that for some reason the bananas have gone black, and of course with the skin frozen, you can't really peel them (should I have taken the skin off?). I then spend abount twenty minutes scraping off the skin, by which time the bananas have started to loose their schmooshiness, thereby reducing the chance of delicious smoothiness. After scavenging for some other dodgily old fruit, I sart up the juicer my parents bought on some health kick many years ago, and then throw the bananas in. Of course, while now somewhat schmooshier, they're still frozen, and seem to clash quite badly and noisily with the juicer. Thinking that metallic breaking noises was perhaps a bad sign when juicing, I decide to cut the banana into frozen pieces and just put it into the juice as an add-on, like ice which I could stir round with a swizzle stick. So I continue to keep juicing, get some apple/strawberry creation happening, and then throw in the aforementioned "banana cubes". I think, on paper, I now see how disgusting this really was, and it probably serves me right for doubting in the first place the gift that is the over-priced smoothie meal.

No comments: