Sunday, March 14, 2004

It's Queer Film Festival time, and first cab off the rank was Beyond Vanilla, a candid expose of non-standard sexual practices featuring "100 Kinksters" and LOTS of graphic sex. Now, I didn't find any of this shocking, but a few times I was left thinking "wow - I can't believe they thought of this!". Considering the opening shot was of anal fisting (I cannot believe I saw this at Fed Square), you're not really gonna be shocked from then on. A few things I didn't know existed: 1)"Electricity", where they attach electrodes to the genitals to create painful/pleasurable electric shocks that "pulsate" through the body. 2) "Flaming", where the body is set alight for sexual pleasure, and 3) "Daddy/Boy" play, which is kinda self-explanatory. I walked out of the film thinking how industrious humanity really is - always looking for new ideas, new avenues for pleasure and new ways to use the human body. Following the path of progress. The quote of the night was this: "if an alien race visited Earth, and saw all these guys with their fists up other guys' arses, what the hell would they make of it?".

No comments: