Monday, March 01, 2004


Okay, here's my Oscars round-up:

Lord of the Rings kicked arse and I am glad. But where the hell was Viggo?

LOVED Liv Tyler's glasses.

LOVED Liv Tyler's hair.

Among the Well Dressed were; Liv Tyler, Sofia Coppola, Susan Sarandon, Renee Zellweger, Scarlett Johannson, and Oprah "don't talk to me about rich, girlfriend" Winfrey.

Among the Poorly Dressed were; Diane Lane, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Sandra Bullock [who looked like a trashy beauty pageant contestant who equated feathers with glamour. Which might just be ironic].

Beating all-comers in the Horribly Dressed category was; Jennifer Garner. HORRIBLE!

John Travolta sported the Worst Hair of the night.

Tobey Maguire looks and talks real good. Yep. Was also sporting Best Hair (Male) of the night. [Liv of course won Best Hair (Female)].

Had to laugh when Sting and Phil Collins presented an award together, remembering Tom's comment about how Sting's post-Police career has been spent trying to be Peter Gabriel. Which became even funnier when I thought about how Phil's had been spent trying to beat Peter Gabriel in the post-Genesis stakes. I enjoyed that.

Robin Williams is so over.

I think that there were two Oscar Injustices. Firstly, I think that the song from A Mighty Wind should have won best original song, for no other reason than to make up for the unforgiveable slight that saw the Spinal Tap oeuvre ignored. Shame. Second injustice I can't be completely sure about, having seen neither of the performances, but I think the clip reel showed that Naomi Watts should have won the Best Actress award over Charlize.

To end on a high note, I would like to share with you what I consider to be the Best Call Of The Night. It occurred during Billy Crystal's opening medley. Billy talks about how Sofia shot Lost in Translation in just 27 days, and then quips,

"it took Francis that long to get Brando out of bed".

Haahaahhhaaaa! Sweet. Love that Apocalypse Now humour.

No comments: