Sunday, April 25, 2004

Just finished watching Matrix Revolutions......Uh, WHAT THE FUCK? Dude, it was totally lame! Well, not totally. That bit when all the things are drilling and swarming and the people are shooting and saying "Reload!" and "Open the gate!" and stuff. And I'm like, "Push the EMP! Push the EMP!" And my dad's like, "What's the EMP?" And I'm like, sigh. "Dad! It's an electro-magnetic pulse! Unnnn!" Yeah, that bit was cool. But the rest...Whaaaaa?! I mean, what was WITH all the talking? Yap yap yap yap yap. Seriously dudes, just SHUT UP, or at least say something that has some kind of MEANING! Also, I knew Trinity was gonna die, but I expected it to be way more affecting that it was despite the lack of shock value [thanks little cousins from Bendigo!]. But when it happened it was like, SO not a big deal. Disappointing. Where was the bawling? Perhaps some bawling/crawling along the metal pipes, knowing you've got to meet your destiny but still screaming uncontrollably and struggling like your body was being flattened under the weight of grief, or something? Where was Neo, the gibbering wreck? Where was the full impact of all that intense love stuff? Trinity wasn't nearly as upset about it as she should have been, either. Um, lady. Hello! You're, like, dying! This is it for you! Aren't you kinda freaked and upset about that?... Anyway, the ending, with that oracle and that kid and all. Puke. Very vague and flabbergasting puke. I'm not sure what they were trying to say, but I'm damn sure I didn't like it. So anyway. That's Matrix Revolutions done. Damn sullier. In the immortal words of Jon Stewart, "It b-lows".

No comments: