Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Okay, just got back from Radiohead gig. Totally fucking wonderful! I had forgotten how great their songs are! WHOAH! I've been neglecting them of late, I think, and had begun to take them for granted. Anyway, SO brilliant. They make fucking great music! I really wish they had played more songs and more songs and more songs! They have so many fucking great songs, I am just remembering. And Thom's spazzy dancing in Mixematosis was sweetarse, and his crazed eyeballing of the camera during You and Whose Army was ace too. But DAMN them songs are fine! Hoooooo-eeee! Even being three rows from the roof of Rod Laver Arena didn't diminish the greatness. People around me were grumbling that the crowd wasn't getting involved enough [they had general admission envy, I think], but that reminded me of the time I saw Radiohead when I was in year 11, and noticed how people just get really focussed during the songs, not wanting to miss a moment, and only remember to spaz out during the breaks between. And then, hearing the first few notes of the next song, they, like, convulse in joy, and then remember themselves and get sheepish and restrained, and then forget themselves again and just get all awed at the music and stare. People really listen with intensity at Radiohead gigs. It could easily have been a dance party with dem kickarse tunes, except for the fact that they tend to transfix people in internally exploding wonder, with the adrenaline giving everyone a kind of 'just on the point of hysterics' look. Fucking awesome!

No comments: