Sunday, May 02, 2004

I broke my Parkinson embargo last night, as I had to check out Kylie. Never mind that I was half-way through American History X (which kinda sucked). So anyway, I paused the skinhead/redemption stuff, and cut to Kyles doing an absolutely shocking rendition of Red Blooded Woman. Actually, it was a pretty accurate rendition, but I just can't make myself dig that song. Especially when you've got three backup singers enunciating the crap lyrics really lucidly ("boy, boy", "all for the sake of sexy... YOU'RE LOVIN it"...).

Song finished, and Kyles did the quick walk to the interview area (which I've always thought was kinda awkward - it seems too quick a change between singing and chatting. Maybe on ITV they can cut to an ad...). This has always been the environment where Kylie shines, and this was no exception. She handled him like a pro. She's such a little talk-show bunny - she's just so savvy, and subtly puts Parky in his place when he gets shitty and invasive. Where Meg Ryan talks tough, Kylie just smiles, giggles then moves the questioning away from the important stuff (like she answered a question about nervous breakdowns by talking about how much she loved her mum). So she did good. However, there was weird stuff going on with her face. I think this is the price on pays for botox beauty. You look great on magazine covers, but in real life, there's just something not right about the way your face moves. Kinda creepy, but I still love her.

No comments: