Saturday, May 01, 2004

A weird thing happened on the train. A guy, a boy really, sat down and started talking to me out of the blue, saying "Not working tonight? You work at Stokers don't you? Yeah, I've seen you there". Hey, I know I know, it's not much of a celebrity moment, but then I'm not much of a celebrity. So we proceeded to chat and he kept asking me questions about my life, blah blah, my glamourous pancake-and-coffee-making life. And uni, etc, and local people who we both knew etc etc. And it was all fine and normal, and we chatted all the way to our respective stops and it was all very nice, except that I didn't know this guy! He had just seen me at my work. So now we were talking? What's up with that? Weird. Also, he is in a ska band. This is developing into a pattern. See, some of you may have heard me mention my confusion about this guy at uni who I didn't know at all just randomly coming up to me and starting up a conversation and then lending me a CD, which meant we had to exchange numbers so that I could return the CD (which I didn't even want) to him, and stuff. Anyway, that guy was also in a ska band. This is freakin me out! What is it about me that causes ska band members to just talk to me, out of nowhere!? WEIRD! They start the conversation, they ask the questions, they make sure to tell me their names. I don't do anything. What the hell motivates them? Crazy ska-loving freaks. Anyway, the only strange moment in tonight's converstaion came when, after realising we both knew this girl called Nicki, he said, "Oh yeah. When I saw you at Stokers I thought you looked quite like her". Right. That WAS quite strange. People should NOT be looking at me or thinking things about me when I am at work. But now I'm wondering, what if they are? It never occurred to me that they could all be surmising things about me from the relative darkness of their tables. Holy crap. I'm not a public figure! Anyway, now I know how famous people must feel all the time..... pleasantly diverted.