Monday, May 17, 2004

Just saw an ad which made me chuckle like a loon. This probably isn't gonna be funny for anyone else if you don't get the hilarious significance of the product being advertised first-off. I mean, jokes are never funny when they have to be explained, are they? Oh well, I plod on. See, and this is the immediately funny bit, there is now an exercise product on the market called the 6 Minute Abs. Raahahahahaaa! Get it? That's freakin hilarious, no? No? You know, because of that scene in There's Something About Mary where Harland Williams' crazed hitch-hiker dude is going on about his great idea for a product, and how Stiller should be in on the ground floor because it's gonna take off big time? You know, how Harland goes, "Have you heard of that thing, the 8 Minute Abs?" And Stiller's like, "Uh, yes. They say you can firm your abs in 8 minutes." And then Harland goes, "Well, I've got an idea that's gonna blow that out of the water...[significant pause] 7 Minute Abs! You see? You get where I'm comin from? We promise people the same results as the 8 minute folk, but in 7 minutes! And we'll even throw in the extra minute... for free! You see where I'm comin from? You see how I'm gettin from A to B?" And then Stiller goes, "Um, yeah. That's great. You get the abs in a shorter amount of time than that being offered by the 8 Minute Abs. Er, but what about if someone comes up with the 6 Minute Abs?" And then Harland, like, has a crazy face twitch and then goes, "Nnnn nnn NO! Not six! Seven! Seven's the key number! Ain't nobody coming up with six! It's SEVEN! Seven chipmunks swirlin on a branch, eatin all the chestnuts on my uncle's ranch. You know, that old children's tale from by the sea? SEVEN! Seven's the key number!" And Stiller's like, "Okay okay. I'm sorry. Seven's the key number." And Harland's like, "Man! It's like you're talkin about gorganzola cheese when it's clearly brie time, baby! Step into my office!" And then Stiller's like, "Why?" And then Harland goes, "Because your fuckin fired!" And then he's mumbling about 'not six, seven' and talking about how Stiller's car seats are itchy, like cactus. Hee hee. Ah, GOLD! I love that scene. It's my favourite from that whole movie. For some reason, I used to reel it off verbatim quite frequently, but without any justifiable provocation, for the, I assumed, gratefully amused benefit of some school chums. Why why why? Anyway, now it's all capped off BEAUTIFULLY by the fact that, yes, someone has come up with the 6 Minute Abs (TM). Hahahahaha!

No comments: