Thursday, May 27, 2004

News just in to tickle your fancy. My ma returned from her sojourn in Europe today. She bumped into Thorpie in Florence. And I mean, she actually bumped into him. She was walking along and, like, bam! She came up against a huge manly torso. My first question was, "What was he wearing?" She said he was wearing a grey hoody thing. And I was like, "Was he wearing any pearls? Could you see his underwear?" And she just looked at me funny and continued her story. She said she was in the midst of apologising to this giant stranger for bumping into him when he started saying "Oh no. That's alright". And because they were both speaking in Australian accents they looked at each other in laughing relief, but then as soon as their eyes met, my mum went "Oh", recognising him. And then he went, "Oh", realising he had been recognised. And then they both just cut and ran. Well, walked. It sounded like a funny little meeting. I was laughing, anyway.

No comments: