Monday, May 31, 2004

Um, so the Perth restaurant won My Restaurant Rules last night. Which I just don't understand. I mean, I know it was a popularity contest so the result would not necessarily reflect which restaurant was the best, but, um, how could such annoying, ugly losers as those associated with the Perth restaurant possibly win a popularity contest? Their restaurant totally sucking is beside the point. What I want to know is, what on earth was likeable about them? Makes no sense. So wrong. I mean, they were so ugly. The restaurant was ugly, the staff were ugly, the staff uniforms were ugly [blergh, those off-the-shoulder dun coloured tops for the waitressess, shudder], that Ash loser dude was ugly. OH MY GOD he was just so painful to watch. I mean, he kept banging on and on and on about crap, and deploying lame and incredibly boring jingoism talk and some parochialism bizzo. I can't believe people bought it. It was all so very much about him. Why did people look to him as a leader? How could they stand to be around him for extended periods of time as he went on and on and on and on and on and on? I have spent every Sunday night for the past few months just yelling "SHUT UP! Shut the fuck up!" at the TV. Ew. So very painful. Apparently there was a 'cult of personality' around Ash, and I just don't understand what people liked about him. Why would people warm to a guy who says "Go on, ya Anzac"? What the fuck does that mean? I would be more outraged right now except that I feel so damn sick. Ogh, how my bones ache. Have been suppressing puke all day, which didn't make my three-hour exam this morning very pleasant. So to cut to the final verdict on the result, I'll just quote Erin. She SMSed me on Sunday night asking who had won, and when I messaged back "Fuckin Perth won", she came back with "Oh fuck! That's shit". Precisely baby.

Ooh, speaking of people banging on and on and on at you about shit, watched Converting Newcastle on Compass last night. Ew, so very awkward. Man, evangelists are preachy.

No comments: