Tuesday, June 08, 2004

I was intrigued by this whole Frankee versus Eamon "fuck you" war, so I decided to google it. The deal is that Frankee initially claimed to have been Eamon's girlfriend five years ago, and as she assumed the song was about her, she just had to fire one right back at him. But lately Frankee's hedging, saying "I can't tell if its about me or not", but cause it made her "so angry anyway" she thought she better go and set the record straight for all the gals. Of course, Eamon claims he has "never met Frankee". BUT, Eamon had to give licensing permission for her song to be released, and he did. Which makes me smell a rat. I mean would you really license a song claiming that you gave someone genital lice? Whatever the deal was, everybody wins, as both Eamon and Frankee scored No.1 US singles. Ominously Fankee is now preparing a full length album entitled The Good, the bad and the ugly which is, like, about relationships and, like, about "empowering women to stand up for themselves". Yikes.

Apologies to those who knew all this anyway.

No comments: