Wednesday, June 23, 2004



Madonna, wanting to, like, "attach" herself to the "energy of a different name" is now asking to be called Esther. Errrrrrrr. I HATE it when Madonna gets spiritual. She spends all this time trying to dismantle the shackles of Catholicism (which made for very effective art, I might add), only to get swept up in LA-style Kabbalah. Although I respect religious freedoms and what not, any religion that counts Demi Moore and Britney Spears as devotees has lost me. I think what I particularly react to about celebrity spirituality is the tendancy to confuse massively inflated self-worship with religious devotion. I can't really back this up, but it's just a feeling I get. A vibe, if you will. Like, watching Madonna talking about how everything happens for a reason, and how its about creating positive energy, and taking responsibility for the bad stuff that happens to you, it always seems to come back to the desire to be in TOTAL control of your life and your future. It's kinda like you remain centre of the universe, after being told for your entire adult life that that's what you are. But now you can be centre of the universe within a spiritual framework.

Btw, I have absolutely no religious knowledge, and have nothing to back this up. So, no offence to anyone out there. Except Madonna, Britney Speers and Demi Moore. And also Scientologists. They should implicitly take offence too. Posted by Hello

No comments: