Sunday, July 25, 2004

Saw Fahrenheit 9/11 and thought it was very good, and completely depressing. Cried quite a bit, actually. I totally didn't get what was so funny when the audience was laughing. It was just upsetting. Crazy-making sadness. Sigh. Whenever I get a dose of marshalled facts like that, even if I already know them, I just go "whaa? how did they? why? huh? what the hell are you doing? how could you say that?" etc. It just, like, beggars belief that people can be so shitty and still command respect, power and trust. Seriously, those guys are bad news. I just can't get my head around it. Like, why did Bush want to be President anyway? I just look at him and he just seems so random. What motivated him to seek public office? It just makes no sense. What ethic of public service is he labouring under? What improving vision does he judge his decisions against? He just doesn't fit. And to think that maybe it all might have never happened, had the basic democratic principle of counting every vote cast been adhered to. Like, what were the Senate thinking, not supporting distressed congresspeople who objected about the election result? I'm looking at you, Kerry/Edwards/Kennedy/Biden et al. Hell, even Lieberman. Come on! Were you taking crazy pills or something? And the war, it just makes no sense whatsoever. Der. It's all just ugly and darkly darkly darkly absurd. Anyway, when I left the theatre I just felt full of, like, how maddening it is. The ignorance and stuff. When that woman yelled "Blame al-Qaeda", I was just done for. So yeah, verdict on the movie is that it's good. I guess I'm supposed to mention that there were some cheap shots blah blah blah, but as they weren't the substance of the movie I really can't be fucked. It did piss me off that people were creaming themselves at the prospect of even the slightest mild dig at Bush & co, but I generally hate the audiences I see movies with anyway, so what diff?

No comments: