Saturday, July 03, 2004

Somewhat surprisingly, I totally dug Evil Angels. Meryl's accent was kinda good (in a Queensland way), there was a nice anti-media theme running through it, and EVERY actor ever to have appeared on Australian TV was in it. Let's see, there was: Frankie J. Holden, Cheryl from Neighbours, Sigrid Thornton, some other Neighbours guy, Sandy Gore, Bud Tingwell, another Neighbours guy, that guy from The Comedy Company, John Howard from Sea Change and many others who I can't recall.

The whole time I was watching it, I was imagining the moment when the costume person handed Meryl some of her wardrobe, like knee-high sports socks and 80s moo-moo type dresses, for example. What would she have thought? From LA to 80s Australia. I can just imagine her walking around the house vacuuming or something, taking the piss and putting on her Lindy Chamberlin accent.

No comments: