Thursday, May 12, 2005

I have a habit. It's a kind of obsessive and fruitless habit and I generally do it alone. I walk into a Borders, head straight to the Culture & Media section of the magazines, stare at the rack, and then walk out. I have been doing this at least twice a week since the start of the year, and sometimes I become petulantly crazed, and sometimes I almost start to cry. You see, I have been chasing the whiff of a promise made last year - that the bestest magazine ever, Radar, was coming back. And now I discover that I could just as easily have spent my time obsessively checking Gawker, who have themselves been fixated with their own Radar habit. And if I had been paying close enough attention to Gawker I would have discovered YESTERDAY that Radar is now online! In online magazine form! Can you see my ecsatic paroxysm of joy from where you are? Can you? Well just pray that you're not in the vicinity when I walk into a Borders one day in the near future, head straight to the Culture & Media section of the magazines, stare at the rack, and find THIS [*screams in classic Beatlemania stylee*]:
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!

No comments: