Sunday, May 15, 2005

I was quite disturbed by a moment in tonight's Big Brother. The resident psychologist, Carmel Hill, was assessing the attitudes of Constance and Nelson, and their decisions not to inform Big Brother about currently being in relationships, which they then talked openly about in the house, like it wasn't a big deal!!! And Carmel Hill concluded, making plain her disapproval, that this behaviour showed they had, gasp, contempt for Big Brother... And I was fucking gobsmacked. Now, I'm no psychologist or anything, so correct me if I'm wrong here, but surely having contempt for a fake authority figure retardedly hellbent on exercising 'power' is nothing short of HEALTHY. And Carmel Hill MUST see that. Right? Please, she must still inhabit a universe in which she can see that. Because if she can't, she has seriously LOST HER MIND.

No comments: