Sunday, June 12, 2005

Hello. Stephen Malkmus' new album Face The Truth is a very good thing. In fact, there is not one bad thing on it.

And now, there is no way to do this with tact or dignity, so I'll just say it: 3CR Radiothon is happening this week, so could people please donate to the shows I do? Pretty please. I have fundraising targets to reach. Oh yeah, and like, independent progressive radio is like, totally important. Support it, etc. [I am being serious.]

ANYWAY, ME ME ME!

I do the Tuesday Breakfast show, and sometimes it's quite good. Well, it's okay I guess. We interview people about stuff. We play music. Isn't that enough? So please donate to Tuesday Breakfast. Our Radiothon show is on Tuesday from 7am-8.30am, so if you want to phone in during the show to pledge money to us, then by all means, do.

I do the Women On The Line show, which is really quite good. I am only responsible for it once every five weeks, because we have a roster of producers. I don't think I'll need as much help raising money for this show as there are five of us and the target is lower than for Breakfast, but if you want to support what I'm told is the only national women's current affairs show in Australia, then by all means, do. Our Radiothon show is tomorrow morning at 8.30am.

If you are actually interested in making a donation to 3CR, [and you can do it whenever you like. Please, just specify that you're donating to MY shows!] here are your options:
  • phone (03) 9419 8377
  • visit the station at 21 Smith Street, Fitzroy [and bring some money with you, obviously]
  • post a cheque to PO Box 1277, Collingwood, 3066
[If I haven't been clear, this is all in aid of 3CR Community Radio, Melbourne, 855 AM.]

No comments: