Friday, November 11, 2005

It's time [to go]...


Oh yes, it's the 30th anniversary of the Whitlam Dismissal today. A watershed moment, a national disgrace, etc. My dad left the country in disgust, so he SAYS (he also had the travelling bug, mind). Anyway, on Tuesday morning's radio show, I interviewed my legendary Politics teacher from school. It was a completely legitimate interview too, because he also runs whitlamdismissal.com, and even features in today's Age article about the Dismissal's dimming legacy wif da yoof [ignore fucking Marcel White, please]. Anyway, when Mr Farnsworth says "the kids are less interested in politics generally", he's not talking about ME, obviously. I'm sure I was his favourite student EVER. But I have a few friends who will fight me on that. Anyway, Happy Dismissal Anniversary, you fucked country!

No comments: