Tuesday, June 17, 2003

For some reason I'm loathe to bring up the whole Iraq thing. It's like I can "pre-emtively" feel the quiet mutterings of "that is so passe dude - just get over it". But analytically, I see that discussion about the issue is just as pertinent now as it ever has been. No weapons found. Faulty intelligence. And to top it off, the Americans have shelved "indefinitely" any plans to move towards an interim Iraqi administration. It's frightening how quickly a calm normality descends: Clinton autobiographies, Eurovision, leadership coups etc. I guess without swanky images of bombs exploding, stealthy planes and cool looking tanks, the media just loses interest in this kinda thing. But I always have been a cynical child. Elanor, can you flesh this out for me?


In other news, I feel I should at least acknowledge the total and complete brilliance of Beyonce's triumphant new single, Crazy in Love. I swear this is the best piece of... anything... created in the history of the world. It makes me wanna strut, simple as that.

No comments: