Sunday, June 15, 2003

I know we've taken a wrong turn when I feel compelled to parrot quotes at you in some lame attempt to (1) inject gravitas into proceedings and, more purposefully, (2) to smugly parade before you a morsel of truth that I have 'discovered' for your benefit. Sad, sad, sad. And yet, even though I know what a misfire this indulgence will prove to be, and how it will cause you a pain equalled only by the pain of being trapped in conversation with a dream-describer, I'm gonna do it anyway. I am a truly sick person. But still, here's a quote that I think is...well, something. Plausible, maybe? Anyway, it's from W.B Yeats and it diagnoses a society in crisis as one where "the best lack all conviction and the worst are full of passionate intensity". There. Now I feel like an irredeemable wanker for having done this to you. I am so ashamed. I need a shower.

No comments: