Monday, June 30, 2003

Yeah, I couldn’t believe it when I saw on my TV two guys identified as “Convicted Homosexuals”. Then the fact that the media actually gave the moral Right a voice on the issue…. AAAGHH! Yes, they have freedom of speech and stuff, but they don’t need a legitimate platform from which they can mouth off. It’s hard to reconcile such a frightening vision with where I am now: Sydney. It seems like everyone’s gay. I see straight couples and do a double-take. Whether gay or straight, everyone’s into real estate. If you see a pack of black VW Golf’s lurking in the side streets, you just know there’s an auction goin down. I had the privilege to attend a few on the weekend, and very nearly joined my sister and her flatmate on the front page of the Sun-Herald, under the headline “BOOMTOWN!” My sister was then interviewed on page five as the “disappointed underbidder”, with the quote “I am very disappointed” slotted below a picture of her looking mildly tense. I think she’s now become a Sydney “It” girl.

No comments: