Wednesday, November 19, 2003

The final of Aus Idol tonight, and frankly, I'm over it. But still, I can't resist all this hoopla, and as this blog IS my soapbox, I'm gonna give my two cents: I'm backing Guy, but with reservation. Yes he's the better singer (not hard) and he's got the most charisma (not hard), but something about him still freaks me out. Watching him belt out Crazy In Love in all his Bling gear, doing his little two-step thing was totally unnnerving, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to see that every Sat morning in Video Hits when I'm tired and vulnerable. But wait, I'm being too harsh. It is kinda cool the way he scrunches up his face and rolls his eyes back in his head when he hits those high notes, AND he made Climb Every Mountain seem not-lame...

Shannon, Shannon, Shannon. He cannot sing. I know this. You know this. The judges know this. EVERBODY knows this but they don't want to admit it cause it makes the whole thing seem farcical. He seems nice enough in a bland way, but he CANNOT SING. Also, I've noticed that his standard response to any interview question is: "I'm just havin some fun. If it's not fun don't do it". It's like his "no comment". So bland, so bland. I miss Cosima. That girl could sing - she didn't even disgrace herself with My Heart Will Go On. Why did the show have to end up so boring? For the record I'm predicting that Guy will win, but by a surprisingly slim margin, as Australians always vote in large numbers for boring people (eg Ben, Peter and... Shannon).

No comments: