Tuesday, November 18, 2003

He he he. So, so funny. I think it's worth contrasting the South Park J.Lo. "Ben you are almost puur-fect" lyrics with the real lyrics from J.Lo's simply titled "Dear Ben"... which is worse?

just can't control myself
can't be with no one else
it seems I'm addicted to the way you like to touch me
I don't think they ever understand why I love you at your command
From the words you speak so deep
our bodies meet, I have to have you

CHORUS i love you you're perfect
a manifestation of my dreams
you make my body feel
about a million different things

I think God made you for me
a mix of passion and fidelity
baby, you're so complete
I write this song to let you know
that you will always be to me
my lust, my love, my man, my child
my friend and my king


CHORUS

there's no way I'd leave you
it's just not a reality
sometimes I feel like I'm living in a fantasy


OK, is this strictly bad? Obviously one shouldn't use "manifestation" in a love song, and the references to "Ben My King" are worrying. There also seems to be A LOT about sex. But it's honest, and if it wasn't about Bennifer, would we have beef? A lot of people feel these things... they just don't publish them. GROSS.

No comments: