Sunday, December 14, 2003

This is just a nonsense post to keep the thing ticking over and to give the impression that Symposiasts springs from such thoroughly interesting and agile minds and lives that regular blogging becomes necessary just to release the pressure of all the ideas and happenings. So, yeah. Um, things to recommend - reading Phillips Adam's page in the Australian magazine this weekend. He nails recent US foreign policy shift using quotes from previous US leaders, including Georgie's daddy. Liked it. I've got a lot of time for Phillip Adams, but the precarious personal digressions he sometimes enters into don't always pay off. None this week, though. Made my wall. [But, who am I to chide personal digressions anyway? It's just better when they're good is all]. Saw Japanese Story at the Moonlight Cinema on Thursday, and I liked most of it. I liked the beginning and the middle, but it really dragged near the end [my impatience being exacerbated by the cold and numbness of my behind and legs. I must remember to bring a pillow next time]. On Friday I went to see the Melbourne Symphony play Beethoven's 9th, which is always an exhilerating treat. A tip for anyone thinking of breaking into the whole symphony patronage scene; forget the fancy shmancy dress circle, that's just a crock. Go the choir seats at the sides of the stage all the way [we are seasoned goers and now request them when we subscribe. It's a cinch, because astonishingly the secret is not out... Oh shit.] Best and cheapest seats in the frickin house. Nice little drinkies after for Jedda's birthday and success. Yay. And last night went to Bridgie C's tops soiree where I was wonderfully sustained by a jug of Mojitos [is that how you spell it?], and apologies if anyone else wanted some. Delicious. Excellent folks, excellent catch-ups. Tops night. So my life's all good. But what is there to blog about?

No comments: