Monday, December 15, 2003

With crisis and calamity all around, and after a few intital minutes attending to the details of the capture, I could take it no more. Too much 'pathetic' and 'dishevelled' and 'unkempt' for me to bear. So I had no choice other than to studiously peruse the latest NW. Life goes on, you know? But anyway, it was small comfort. Within it, I found a ghastly piece of information that shocked me with a flicker of sadness. You see, tucked in amongst all the general gossip at the back of the magazine was the news that Jonathan Brandis had killed himself, with quotes like "struggling to find work in film" and "he enjoyed a moderately successful career" making it all simple and pathetic. Sucks. I was just beginning to like the guy. He was really good in Ride With The Devil which, as I have mentioned quite a few times, is my favourite movie and is also totally underrated and underseen. Not happy.

No comments: