Wednesday, January 07, 2004

I don't often listen to the radio, but I was just having a shower and I had the most happy-making radio experience in recent memory. I'm not flaunting the fact that I shower at you or anything. It's just a requisite piece of information for the whole 'listening to the radio' scenario to take place. You see, when I have a shower, the fog of the hot water makes any CDs skip in my stupid stereo, so I have in recent times taken a chance on Triple J, in lieu of any other [I had supposed] options. And that was fine and all, but it's gone bad over the break. So, taking a chance, today I moved the dial. Who knew that nudging the thing only a smidge backwards on the FM band could entrain such immense and unparalleled joy? My favourite song from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Black Tongue, was playing [and let me tell you, that's a hard race to win], which was something I had never experienced before. Anyway, so I thought, "Cool, I'll stick with this station, even though this good judgment can't possibly be sustained and utter crap will undoubtedly follow". Man, I am so wrong sooo much of the time, I should have really learned by now. Because the very next song was my favourite song from The Hells, He's The Devil [But I Love Him So]. It was a glorious moment. Yay, boogying in the shower! The glory palled later when the hosts changed over and I was met with that same annoying girl-tone employed by all the Triple J girl hosts, but still, whatever this station is, I'm sticking with it. I know I'm going nuts over two good songs being played consecutively, but still, I am counting this as an enriching discovery, made all the more sweet because it only happened due to a bored whim. And, as bored whims are pretty much the only things that lead me to action [if this blog can be called action. It was also born out of a bored whim, though not mine], I like to jump all over any speck of proof that they can lead me to good things.

No comments: