Friday, January 09, 2004

I'm off to Darwin for about a week to visit my sister. So Guy, dearest, you on duty, and the thesis can go to heck. Now, don't get anxious or anything. It's just that you are the only thing standing between this blog and its death. No pressure, okay? I've just got a few teeny weasley inconsequential little shameful jobs for you to do while I'm gone;
1. Make this blog brilliant and witty and stuff.
2. Write the essential blog piece of our times, so that Symposiasts will become the thing that all of blogworld is talking about.
3. In this way, make us blog celebrities.
4. Use new found fame to tastefully, and with dignity and integrity intact, get us nominated for The Bloggies [or just fill out the nomination form yourself]. I don't care that there's only a $20 prize [it's a US$20!], I wanna win, damnit!
Now, I don't wanna get crazy here. I understand that we are just a piddling little outfit. However, since there are heaps of categories for which we could be nominated [should the people oblige], I'm gonna need you to understand that failure is not an option. You've gotta bag at least one of these puppies for me [I mean, for us]. I have humbly decided that we are deserving victors in the following categories [again, should the people oblige];
best australian or new zealand weblog
best tagline of a weblog
best topical weblog
most humourous weblog
[see how I joke?]
best-kept-secret weblog
best new weblog

and of course, the big daddy weblog of the year
I have been tossing up whether or not to make a play for best american weblog because of the tendency of our content to concern itself with that country, but I guess it's up to the public to decide whether or not to nominate us for it. Yeah yeah, it's all about the people. Nothing to do with me... Just get it done. NOW!

No comments: