Saturday, February 14, 2004

Okay, a little bleary now. But I just have to share two pieces of information that I gleaned throughtout this past night. First piece is; Erin seriously knows how to throw a party [she does this really nifty thing where she invites a good number of my most beloved friends. Genius!]. Second piece is; I think that I have a doppelganger. Hear me out. Two events in recent weeks have made me think that I really might have one. Like, tonight, while at the Alfred emergency room, I quite reasonably inquired at the front desk about the status of a friend. I was courteous and patient and understanding as they told me to just wait while tests were done, etc. There was nothing weird about it. It was highly unremarkable. But later, Guy came out and told me that the nurses had asked him if he had a friend wearing a black outfit and big pink earrings. He did [it was me]. They then remarked that I had been in the previous night, doing much the same thing. When he told me this, I was like "Whaaaaat?". Hey! Nurses usually love me. What's going on here? First of all, I wasn't being freaky or anything so why was I the topic of discussion at all? And second of all, I'd never stepped foot inside the Alfred emergency room before in my life, so it was quite confronting to find out that, nevertheless, I already had a rep there. Like, all of a sudden I was some badass pesky hospital-bothering freak. I was like, "that's weird. I don't look like anyone. I've never been confused with someone else in my life". And then I remembered that that wasn't true. You see, a few weeks ago, I had been mistaken for someone else at the Big Day Out. Again, because this never happens to me, I was quite surprised about it at the time, but didn't think much more of it. But now I really reckon there's someone out there, fouling up my cred. Someone who breaks meeting arrangements with their friends at the Big Day Out so they come looking for me. Someone who makes an effort to pester overtaxed Alfred nurses only one night before I arrive there and make reasonable inquiries after a quite unexpected incident. I know this 'evidence' is pretty scanty, but you really need to consider it in the context of it never having happened before, and then happening twice in the space of a month. Hnnn? See where I'm coming from? Yeah. You'd be freaked. So, if you're out there, doppelganger, CUT IT OUT. I'm way too self-absorbed to be able to handle worrying about your behaviour too.

No comments: