Monday, March 22, 2004

OK, the season of great TV that I had prophesized has officially turned to shit. Maybe I was a bit over-eager in committing myself to what largely consisted of reality TV, but I nonetheless get pissed off when networks pull shows half-way through their run - great way to turn loyal viewers into bitter enemies. Why do you think Channel 7 is uniformly despised? In this case however, Channel 10 is the culprit. They’ve axed The Resort. Now, it was a pretty lame show, but there was enough bitchiness to keep me interested (come on, the Eva v. Tab situation was pretty prime), and I invested, damn it. I invested and now I’ll get no return, so I’m not at all happy. In other areas too, the abundance of fun I had imagined has dried up. Sex and the City’s kinda disappointing, Newlyweds seems to have vanished and Secret Life sucked and was rightly pulled. The Hothouse I never bothered with – I do have some taste and I’m not gonna waste my time watching concrete dry (literally). Plus, I’m still pissed off by that much-hyped “Kylie on Queer Eye” episode which turned out to be like 5 minutes in total. I don’t like people manipulating my vulnerabilities...

No comments: