Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Have spent the afternoon listening to The Von Bondies' first album, Lack of Communication, which I bought today. Man, I really love it. Brings back all these memories of their gig. I think it's a really great album, too. Maybe not as good as their second one, but a definite keeper. Hey, I think that brings my tally of Jack White-produced albums to three. Last year I got the Whirlwhind Heat album [it rules] and then I got Loretta yesterday [rules] and the first Von Bondies one today [rules]. Huh. Jack rules. Today I also bought an MC5 album. It's called Back in The USA. Did I get a good one? I suppose I'll find out when I listen to it. Am gonna buy the Modest Mouse album tomorrow. I really like that Satin Covered Coffin song, you know, that goes, like, "Are you dead or are you sleepin? Are you dead or are you sleepin? Are you dead or are you sleepin? Well I sho hope you are dead." Yeah. I really like that song. Heard it on Letterman. I was listening to the rest of the album on the earphones in the HMV store today, and that clinched it. I wanted to buy it but I'd already spent all the money I had on me at JB Hi-Fi. Guess I'll just get it tomorrow. Still haven't been able to listen to The Zutons album. Stupid stereo is anti-Zutons for some reason. She'll play everything else but them. Weird. She let me listen to Patti Smith's album, though, and it rules big time. BIG TIME!

Oh man, I've got Loretta on in the background. SO great! Goddamn!

No comments: