Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Went to sleep at 9.30 last night after not going to bed the night before, and have just woken up from that nap to study for test today. Even with only four hours sleep, I feel really refreshed. So of course am procrastinating. Anyway, yesterday, I went on a CD buying binge. I think I did good. I got Loretta Lynn's new one, and I have loved as much of it as I have heard so far. Yay. I also got Cut Copy's album. Also loved it. I can't believe these guys are from Melbourne. Anyway, the album's ace. Also got a best of Cheap Trick album. Fucking gold. Oh my god do I love that If You Want My Love song. Have had it in my head for the last few days, since I heard it playing as the credits rolled on Joe Dirt. Man, I love Cheap Trick. What else did I get? Oh yeah. Patti Smith's new one. I haven't listened to it yet, but I heard the song Jubilee on Letterman and really loved it. Am assuming that this album will be great. Am also assuming that The Zutons album will be great. I tried to play it but my stereo wasn't recognising it, so I'll have to wait until it's in a better mood. I love that Pressure Point song and I also love the fact that one of The Zutons is the brother of The Stands lead singer, Howie Payne. That's just nice. They also seem to know The Coral, which only bodes well. So yeah, I did good. Was thinking about getting some other things, like an MC5 album, a Soledad Brothers album, and that Ryan Adams one, Love Is Hell, that has just been released as one whole album rather than two. Maybe next time. I'm not sure if I've ever heard any MC5 songs, or any by the Soledad Brothers either. And I don't yet own a Ryan Adams album. I just feel like all these guys might be something special. It felt silly to be considering buying things I didn't even know that I would like. So I didn't buy them. But I do feel like I should check all of them out. I liked that Ryan Adams album Leah played in the car once. I think it was a really early one. I considered buying a Whiskeytown album too. But the problem of never actually having heard any of it again bothered me. Oh well, I've got uni holidays coming up so I'll be able to luxuriate in, and devote myself uninterrupted to, getting to hear everything that it is necessary for human ears to hear.

No comments: