Saturday, May 15, 2004

Man, I am scraping for material here. I just did the Random Melbourne Blog thing again [just so you know, if I ever do the Random Melbourne Blog thing and then decide to comment on what I have found, I got nothin]. This time, I came across total weirdness, completely alien to my world. It was this blog by some girl, and what struck me as so strange and unlike my own experience was this sentence:

"The Passion of the Christ is the greatest film I have ever seen."

WHAAAAAA? I was really shocked, man. I mean, this was proof enough for me that there's SO a whole bunch of other worlds out there about which I have NO UNDERSTANDING whatsoever. As that post continued, it just got weirder and weirder for me. She said the film was "A piece to pour over and meditate upon, it will make you fall to your knees." Huh? I just don't get it. And at the end she quoted this bit of Jesusness, you know, that "I make all things new" business, cos I guess she wanted to finish on a good inspiring note or something. [Maybe. I don't know. Haven't I just gotten done saying that I don't understand this?] And I was there thinking, "But that's like, the most annoying thing ever attributed to Jesus." And I was remembering how in the film when that line came out it was even weirder. I mean, he was having dinner with his friends and he pulls out this "I make all things new" crap. Dude, you wouldn't be invited to the next dinner party, that's for sure, even if you were alive for it.

Anyway, that's my poor effort for today. I came to the startling and highly original conclusion that some people think differently from others.

No comments: