Monday, June 21, 2004

For my birthday I got given Britney's In The Zone (thanks Laurie!). I think I always get given Britney albums on my birthday, which isn't a bad thing (I'll say it again: Born to Make You Happy: bad message, great song). It just means that I now have ALL of her albums, while still maintaining that she's a total twit. Touch of My Hand, the "masturbation song" is hilarious, and lends more evidence to the Britney-as-Janet theory which I personally subscribe to. Also, props to Britney for adhering so rigidly to the third-single-as-ballad rule, with the release of Everytime (you know: wings, falling, sadness, flying blah blah blah). A tragic ballad, but not quite as tragic as Email My Heart(!).

Also, have discovered an overlooked bargain-bin gem in Finest Dream by Richard X and Kelis - fantastic. There's something so detached about Kelis that for some reason really does it for me. It's like she's never really putting in 100%, and that's a good thing. Like a more effective Sophie Ellis-Bextor.

No comments: