Monday, June 21, 2004

I figured I'd inured myself to this, but apparently not. See, I was watching Uprising, and during it I had one of those hyperventilate-and-bawl-and-retch sessions. You know, those times when you're perfectly fine watching a Holocaust movie, getting a new angle on it, and going, 'hmmm this is a good interesting story'. And then without warning something hits you and the next instant your mind's filled up with the huge enormous big time realness, and so you proceed to have uncontrollable cardio-pulmonary reactions to the intense horror? You know. Your body is affected by it. Anyway, luckily the rest of my family was out, or they might have freaked at my choking and gasping and my shock-widened fluid-streaming eye freakiness. I seriously couldn't get a grip. So weird. I mean, how could I have explained it to them, this fresh horror fit? Like, "Holy fuck! All this actually happened. It was blatant and organised and implacable and allowed. People did it. To people!" Er, yeah, Elanor. We know.

Anyway, I've got a recommendation for you people. I got very excited when I saw an ad on SBS earlier. This won't mean much to a lot of you but THE BOOSH were on my TV! OHMYGOD! This is HUGE! I like, squealed and jumped in my seat and pointed excitedly at the TV for some reason. My family were around for this one. They were like, "What is it?" And I just kept wordlessly pointing, jabbing my finger towards the TV like a kid, and grinning. Yes, perhaps TV affects me a little too strongly. Anyway, HUGE! Noel and Julian, on my TV! Holy crap I LOVE those hottie Englishers! They are comedy GODS! And now they have a TV show. So check it out. It's called Da Boosh and it's gonna be on SBS at 8.30 tonight. Man, I just hope that their brilliant oddness will travel well to TV. That would be a joy of joys, to see them in their glory every week, rather than once a year if they deign to come. Seriously, they are SO GREAT! I can't really imagine what format the show might take, though. Please don't let it suck. Hmmm. This could all end in tears.

No comments: