Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Ashlee Speaks Out

Ash has written a letter to her fans, Britney style, towing the party line about some kind of "acid reflux" induced lyp-synching. Ummm, that's full of shit. Acid reflux does not prevent you from singing. Take some Gavescon, yo. That is like the lamest lip-synching excuse I've heard yet. Not only does she push that bullshit excuse, but she then goes on to talk about how much she loves her band... who she slagged off after the incident on SNL. I don't wanna get all harsh, 'cause I don't necessarily have a problem with pop stars who mime - but acid reflux? That is a LAME excuse!

Here's the letter:

Ashlee Letter to Fans
10/26/2004 12:47:42 PM - by
ashlee simpson
Hey guys! I'm sure you all have figured out how crazy its been the last few days,but I just wanted to personally write to y'all-my true fans-and thank you for your support and love. I have decided to speak openly and honestly about what happened on snl because I want you guys to know what really happened. My acid refux started acting up and I know my real fans know that music and performing is my true passion and you support me for that....I couldn't control what happened that day. People always say things that are hurtful,and I encourage my fans to do what I do and not read what people are saying on the internet...in a couple of days everyone's attention will be on someone else. As far as me and my band are concerned...we are all a family and love each other very much-they are the best guys in the world and I wouldn't want anyone else to be with me at this time. Keep up the support...its the love my fans have shown me that makes me want to go back out there and continue to prove all the negative press wrong! Look out for me to go on tour starting in January...its gonna be awesome! I love you guys!! Ash

No comments: