Monday, November 29, 2004

A LIST OF MOVIES WE ARE GOING TO SEE, now that the embargo has been lifted...

Team America: World Police
Napoleon Dynamite
Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy
Kitchen Stories
Saw
Hero

Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse
I Heart Huckabees
Sideways
Bright Leaves
Dig!


The Motorcycle Diaries and Bad Education - and yes, this is because of Gael. But it's also because they will no doubt be excellent movies. I mean, have I ever dragged you to a bad Gael movie? Okay, yeah. There was that one time. But hey, The Crime of Father Amaro was an aberration, okay? Fucking bastard.

Also, I know Alexander is gonna be shit and all, but it's got Jared Leto and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers in it. So we ARE going to see it.

Also, I still have to see Saved and Somersault. And maybe, like, Garden State or something. And the new Star Wars, whenever it comes out. And no, I don't have a thing for Natalie Portman, although she seems very smart and pretty. No, it's just that the posters and the trailer for this final episode have me a little excited that it won't be completely fucking crap. Sure, it probably will be. But still, it might be interesting. I mean, he's gonna go Vader. How freaky will that be? Like, it's not the turning evil part that's gonna be freaky. People turn evil all the time. Whatevs. No, what I'm hanging out for is the thought process behind the outfit. I mean, we take it for granted that Darth Vader looks like that, but like, why the hell would he look like that? I mean, he had to make decisions about that, right? And when you think about it, that's pretty freakin weird. Why would you want your brain hooked up to a helmet forever?

No comments: