Saturday, December 04, 2004

"You broke my sitar, man!"

Oh man. I just saw DIG! at ACMI [because I was not gonna wait until April to see it], and boy, did it seriously RULE! Mmmm, greatness. You gots to go see this film. You will love it. Fantastic chaotic band madness with The Dandy Warhols and Brian Jonestown Massacre. It's bloody terrific. At the screening tonight, Brent DeBoer and Matt Hollywood had been flown over to introduce the film. Matt Hollywood said some stuff, like, "I don't really know what to say." And then Brent DeBoer said, "What he said." Coolness. Love that.

Oh god, I love everybody in this movie. I mean, I'm a Dandy Warhols fan, so obviously I love them already. And I also already love Peter Hayes from BRMC. But there are so many more new people to love. A whole damn scene of people to love, in fact. Like that cool dude with the glasses. Joel Gion. He rules. I love him so hard. And Anton Newcombe. That dude is intense. Love him. Sure, he'd be a pain to actually know, but I don't have to deal with that. I just get to marvel at the existence of such a creature, without all the shit. He is a genius, we are told. And I don't dispute that. But still, I cacked myself when he was chucking a massive hissy during a gig and my brother leaned over and whispered "GENIUS" to me, in that Homer Simpson "I think he's talking to you" voice. Ha ha ha. Anyway, yet again I was forced into the realisation that I'm just not a creative person. I hate that realisation. It shits me. I can't live with it, but I'll have to, because it's true. Fuck. But this isn't about me. This is about a fucking great music doco. Oh baby, it's just so interesting and funny and sad and cool and fucked. It's all about deep complicated abiding platonic love. I think. And I loved it. Go and see it. Yes yes.

No comments: