Monday, January 17, 2005

It's been a while. But as I attended Grogblogging, I feel I should actually blog something. SO what's up? Well, I've been working soul-destroying customer service jobs while going quietly mental on the inside, ready to snap at any moment. The next teenager who sidles up and asks for "BMW XXX on Xbox", beware. But it all ends soon (about two weeks) as I head off on my "mini-tour" of, well, the world, and then slot back into my, ahem, "academic career".

Back to the other night, it was great to catch up with fellow bloggers, although I felt hampered by shyness and a total inability to hear what the hell anyone was saying. Thus, much head-nodding. Forever a wallflower.

But let's not get carried away. The real blog trigger was Elanor's mention of J.Lo, so let's get started. Firstly, what is WITH her new clip ("Get Right" or something). As Marty suggested, possibly shaking at the time, "this is her vision", and it is scary. For those who haven't caught it yet, J.Lo plays about four different party-goers who enter a nightclub within which her image is displayed everywhere. Words can not capture the ego contained within it - and it SUCKS. Also, someone should tell J.Lo that she cannot dance, and that she should dump those lame-O house moves that she picked up while "fly-dancing" on In Living Color. Once again, I'm ashamed to own all the albums of someone so tasteless. Ahem.

Secondly, did anyone capture J.Lo in Selena the other night? Whoa - what was with her old face? Nose-job? Eye-job? I'm undecided, but something has changed. As awful as the film (or miniseries?) was, she did quite a good job of channeling the late Selena, whose album I also own, astoundingly.

I don't know why I suddenly went all J.Lo 'cause that's all I have to say. And Elanor, how freaky is Ralph Fiennes in Maid in Manhatten???!!!

No comments: