Thursday, March 17, 2005

Guy and I have been angsting a little bit about the state of our blog. And by 'a little bit', I mean we mentioned it briefly over coffee last week. And truly, I am beginning to realise that we're not giving very good blog. The general lack of substantial blogging, thoughts, ideas, politics, opinions about celebrities, and all that guff. We used to have guff to say, not just 'hey I went to this gig, and I don't have much to say about it. See ya.' Anyway, this post is not going to turn the situation around. I just decided that I had to post something, and I put all that effort into moving over here and switching the computer on, that now there has to be something to show for it. I have racked my brain for a thought I had this week. And this is the thought:

On The OC on Tuesday night, Modest Mouse were playing in that bar they have now which only serves juice, or something. How very Peach Pit. But anyhoo, I was watching this and deciding that it was a perfectly fine and totally okay thing for Modest Mouse to do. But then my enjoyment of it was soured. You see, the OC characters kept talking during the gig. And then, some even left the juice bar/nightclub to continue talking. During the gig. While Modest Mouse was playing. AS IF! So, my one thought/reaction for the week was; um, what is up with these freaks? Talk later. Not now. There are people on stage and you should be staring at them. And if somebody insists on talking to you, you just go staccato, "Uh-huh, uh-huh..." and give them the silent 'shut up' signal, nodding towards the stage as if to say "Ah, I'm kinda in the middle of something here. QUIT IT."

Ooh, I just remembered another thought I had. Marissa sucks. Height of suckiness; this line, delivered to her dad - "Considering you're the only thing keeping me sane, things should get really fun when you leave!" LAME! The threat, the blame. It was all there, and all completely retarded. I actually said "Jesus girl, take some responsibility for yourself and stop being such a drama princess. Nobody cares!" Also, doesn't she realise that the cool parent is her mother? Her dad is pfff. Another thought. I wish this show would get better rather soon.

Also, I think I forgot to mention this, but here is my tip for the best thing you can do for yourselves at this particular historical moment:

GO TO TARGET AND GET THE SEASON ONE DVD OF ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT RIGHT NOW [or as soon as is practicable]! IT'S UTTERLY HILARIOUSLY BRILLIANT! TOTALLY OWNABLE.

No comments: