Friday, March 11, 2005

Saw The Black Keys last night. The supports were Cannon, who are rather good, eh. And The Vasco Era, who are fantastic! Amazing! Etc... ETC! I kept contemplating how they could take the world by storm, and so forth. Love em. That guy's voice is freakin great. And the bassist had a low scoop necked black top, which worked rather well with his grey suit jacket. Excellent. Choosing to cover Neil Young's The Needle And The Damage Done struck me as a bit weird, though. But I choose to believe they did it in the spirit of "I sing the song because I love the man" rather than any 'drug deepness', eg. "This song means so much to me" [bites fist in anguish]. Anyway, I loved it that Television's Marquee Moon got played in the break between acts. That's good choosin, Corner Hotel audio person. And then The Black Keys. I love that they chose a smaller gig venue this time. I love that the drummer looks like such a geek, and that he bashes away at the cymbals with a tambourine. I love the phenomenal sound the lead guy gets out of one guitar. The Black Keys are just great. Highlights were Grown So Ugly, Stack Shot Billy, Act Nice & Gentle, Everywhere I Go of course, and whatever the song was that they played for the final encore. That ruled.

No comments: