Monday, June 02, 2003

Just to befoul any notions that you, my dear reader, might have of my credibility in matters of taste......... my goodness, but that is a statement rife with presumption! A readership? Baby, get a grip. And really dear, in that which you have so far proffered in this here blog, can you reasonably find an utterance that could have ever established a position of credibility for yourself in matters of stuff, that might now be placed in jeopardy by what you are about to admit? No? Then let us continue unharassed by your appalling expectations, shall we?........ Um, so anyway. On to the supposed befoulment. I have an admission to make for which I am unapologetic. I really like Justin Timberlake's solo effort, Justified. And I like it on every level it has thrown at me. I call it my comedy/dance album. Really, it is so naff in so many ways, and yet it provides such a powerful invitation to get some serious ass-shakin' done that it just cannot be denied. And might I just say that everything that is wrong with the album - and there is a lot of blatant co-option and rather pathetic attempts at attitude - is forgivable because it is hilariously wrong. Hilarious and unaware of itself. Great.

No comments: